Tuesday, January 6, 2009

It Really Doesn't Matter

Okay, folks...I have been filtering through my old blogs on another site and have decided to post a few here. The following blog was written, this past summer. I just recently received some tough news about a relative of mine and since then, I've been trying to live my life just as I have written about it...I hope you enjoy reading it, and hopefully it will give you a bit of insight about what kind of gal I truly am.

******************************************************************************
This week, in between rehearsals when I could actually think, I have sat and pondered life in general...the shortness and brevity of it all...the meaning of life. You know...the usual questions we ask ourselves as we get older.

My thoughts are spinning because I recently found out that a very close relative of mine tested positive for breast cancer. It has hit me like a ton of bricks. My thoughts and feelings on it are all kind of surreal...like if I don't think about it...maybe it isn't true. Almost like....denial, I suppose. Mind you, nowdays a diagnosis is not a death sentence. I realize and understand that. We're all hoping that it has been caught in time. Which, I'm a positive thinker, and I think it has.

I guess it's just all very....scary. It makes you sit back and realize what matters in life and what doesn't.

Money, although necessary, doesn't ultimately matter....You can't take it with you...
Opinions, do not matter...
The weather...does not matter...
The LITTLE, INSIGNIFICANT things...do not matter

We spend so much of our time WORRYING over the itty bitty problems in life, that we totally overlook the big picture. The, "Can't see the forest for the trees" cliche really comes into play here. I mean, really, if someone doesn't squeeze the toothpaste from the bottom...does that really matter? If you're at a restaurant and they leave the onions on your burger....PICK THEM OFF! Don't get pissed and let it ruin your night. They're ONIONS!

If someone says something to you that kind of hurts your feelings, think about it before confronting them...Did they mean it to hurt? Or were they having a bad day? If it bothers you enough, TALK to them about it...AND do just that...TALK...don't yell...Life is too damn short to be yelling...especially at people you care about. The long and short is....IT REALLY DOESN'T MATTER.

We are here to live, love, and enjoy. We never know from day to day what will happen. It's best that we take each day and enjoy it to its fullest and never take it for granted.

Life is about the choices we make....don't blame bad luck, God, other people...Ultimately we choose our own paths. It's up to us to choose what makes us happy and fulfilled...Our time on this Earth is very small...Gotta fill that space with as much as we can...

Never take those around you for granted because one day they will be gone...

One day...
YOU will be gone...what legacy do you choose to leave behind when you go?

But of course...that's just my opinion...

No comments:

Post a Comment