Tuesday, January 20, 2009

It's an interesting feeling...

As I sit here on my couch, quietly drinking my nightly glass of sweet tea, my animals are all quietly laying around. Their activities have lessened...quite frankly, they're ready for bed.

I sit here...alone in my thoughts...

The day was huge. America just witnessed a first in its history: Barack Obama took his place among our leaders as this country's first African-American president.

I am glad I was there to bear witness...

I sat alongside my co-workers as we watched the inauguration online...via CNN live on Facebook...*snicker*...We all sat there in wonderment and awe as our new leader filled us with hope...Hope for a better future...Many times we applauded along with the audience that filled the Mall in D.C. It was a sobering moment...

I think several of us became slightly teary eyed over the whole event...

Sitting here this evening, I can't help but reflect on this day. While online, you can still feel the energy from others. The posts, the comments, the jokes...everything is very palpable...It's like you can reach out and touch it...

What a tremendous burden to put on one man's shoulders...I don't think it's fair, really...It isn't a job I would want, that's for sure...

It makes one think of one's own life...how very easily one can become the hope of others...how powerful and how important you can be to someone...to some group....

To an entire country...

Would you want the burden? Could you handle it? Could you fulfill their dreams? Wipe their tears? Fill their bank accounts? Fill their stomachs?

The mere thought terrifies me...

I can only imagine what our new President feels at this very moment...Enjoying the last few moments of peace with his family...Tomorrow...

Daddy has to go to work for the country...

So, it is my wish for all who expect a lot from President Obama...give the man time...and understand that we are not out of the woods and that our country's problems will not be solved overnight...

It will take time...and patience on the part of...We the People...

No comments:

Post a Comment