Thursday, January 15, 2009

Sometimes...

Sometimes…it's just cold…

The chill bites…
Pinches…
Knaws…

Inside and out…

Sometimes…it even hurts…

I look out my window and the snow is falling…
Down…down…down…
Lightly covering the grass and trees…

My thoughts drift away…

I imagine the future for a moment…
A fantasy, really…

I'm in front of a fire…
Relaxing…reading…warm…

Someone is there…
I don't know who and I don't know where…

It's comfortable…
Safe…
Right…

Faces flash through my mind…
Some are false,
Others are true…

But they are there…
Haunting…
Teasing…
Tempting…

As I float back to reality,
I can't help but smile…

My eyes drift back over the snowfall,
And I realize how my mind wanders…
It can be a comfort…as well as a curse…

But in this latest reverie…

I realize I have suddenly become…

Just a little bit warmer…

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forget that first comment.
    I hate to right it sux and eye only like to culler with crans.

    ReplyDelete