Sunday, January 4, 2009

Tonight Shall Be Random...(actually, it's about my lovable animals)

I decided last night, during that gentle lull between asleep and waking, that I needed to blog again. I recently wrote about the New Year and the Old Year...Sort of a mix of the two...but as I lay in bed, completely surrounded by those that love me most: My dog, Carson and my two cats, Harley and Ming, I realized I should blog about them.

Notice: I didn't get to it when I woke up this morning. I was a busy lady today, but I still had it on my mind this evening, and wanted to make sure I commented on it before I forgot.

Lately, my animals...or let's be honest here...my CHILDREN...have been very lovey lately. The cats especially. Carson, has always slept with me and is quite content to be underfoot and underarm regardless of where he is...so he's always been lovable and needy. The cats, however, have been a different story.

My tabby, Harley, has always been a bit...snooty...An ex of mine called him bi-polar...And I guess, in a way, he is. He used to turn on you in a flash...Liked to keep you guessing...He wants to be petted when he wants to be petted and that's all there is. God HELP you if you bring a small child into the mix...cause he dislikes them and stays away...except for the occasional swipe from underneath a table as they walk past.


Lately, however, he has been pretty much all over me...And when it comes to the sleeping arrangements, he has taken to sleeping...on my head. It really is sweet. Especially when he kneads my hair for a time before laying down, then he rests his wee head on my own. Very cute...but very hot. Temperature wise, that is...DON'T BE DIRTY! This in itself would be adorable, no doubt, BUT...he has taken over my pillow and I find myself sleeping almost under the pillow itself because there is a large TABBY on my head.

Ming, the Siamese/Tonkinese, has taken to sleeping on, what I like to call the 'passenger' pillow. I won't explain to you what that means...figure it out yourself. Needless-to-say...it has been EMPTY for quite a while...ANYWHO...He's very much a gentleman...and minds his manners. I can hear him purring at night by my head sometimes. He's so loud! It's a comfort to me, quite frankly...Means he's happy and content...And it makes his momma happy too!

It's a comfort...a security...Screw that. Interpretation: It's really quite sad...but in a funny way, I suppose.

So, sorry everyone, but my bed is full.* Thank you for the invites, but I already have bed buddies.

Good eve and anon!

*Please note: The Management of this blog has no idea what the author is talking about. We have posted this note to make sure everyone is aware that she truly wouldn't mind making room for someone should the occasion or invite ever occur. Applications and headshots are being accepted on a regular basis. Thank you... --The Management

2 comments:

  1. Heh, it sounds like Harley and Agatha were cut from the same cloth. Though I've never actually seen her around chitlins' Carson was adorable when he came over, and he's welcome here anytime, as far as I'm concerned.

    Sorry about your other woes. Hope those headshots come rolling in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh heavens...there's no woes! I just like putting it out there to see if any bites ;-) Heh heh

    ReplyDelete